My name is Alex Wynter, I am 27 years old and I am currently playing football for Eastleigh FC.
I made my debut for Crystal Palace at 16 years old becoming the second youngest ever debutant for the club.
I have also played for Colchester United, Portsmouth, Maidstone United, Sutton United and Eastbourne Borough.
I am now passionate about using my experiences within professional football to help others.
I want to educate and support those involved in the game at any capacity, whilst also giving people outside of the footballing world an insight into the journey.
Are you currently playing football at a certain level but you have that burning desire to go all the way to the top?
Perhaps you want to take your game to that next level and learn how the professionals do it?
Maybe you are just a football fanatic who has always wondered what goes on day to day in a players life, away from the public eye?
Well, Fly On The Ball is the place for you!
If you want to…
- Learn from someone with 11 years of experience across the leagues
- Become aware of and learn how to deal with things you WILL experience during your career
- See how those in football live day to day
- Discover the many ups and downs encountered on the journey and how you can manage to stay focused and driven
- Realise the sacrifices made, to give yourselves only a chance of a career in the game
- Deepen your understanding of professional football
- Find out how HUMAN we all really are
- Develop your own career in the game with support, guidance and advice
- Understand what it takes to have a career in football as a player and how you can stay there
Then you have come to the right place.
(However, if you want to read about how smooth the journey is and all that is required is natural ability, then maybe this isn’t the place for you…)
I have been involved in professional football since the age of 16. That combined with my upbringing in the academy system at Crystal Palace, has equipped me with a wealth of experience of the game.
From the age of 9, when I first joined Crystal Palace, to eventually leaving at 21 years old, to moving away from family to follow my dreams, to at one point, finding myself with no passion for the game whatsoever.
My career so far has been constant highs and lows, but do you know what?
I’ve come through them all and I’m still going!
I’ve used my ability, mental resilience and inner drive to live the dream (and sometimes nightmare) of calling football my job, for 11 years.
Football is a common dream of many young boys and girls across the world, but the journey is turbulent.
This is why I’m committed to and passionate about helping others, with their own aspirations, through detailing my own experiences.
So what are you waiting for?
If you want to learn more then head on over to the blog page to start your journey with Fly On The Ball.
Image by Tom Mulholland